Account that are past due are subject to disconnection.
Please contact our office if you are unable to pay your monthly electric bill.
You may also contact the agency serving in your area, for possible energy assistance or more information:
|Dodge County Human Services
|Minnesota Valley Action Council
(507) 345-6822 or (800) 767-7139
|Faribault County Human Services
|Mower County Social Services
|Fillmore County Social Services
|North Iowa Community Action Organization
|Freeborn County Human Services
(507) 864-7515 or (800) 944-3281
Applications available on SEMCAC Website
COLD WEATHER RULE ( Regla Wather fría)
Minnesota has a Cold Weather Rule that regulates residential electric service disconnections between October 15 and April 15, if disconnection would affect the primary heat source.
To be protected by the Cold Weather Rule these four guidelines must be followed:
- As of October 15th: You must be current in paying your bill or have entered into a payment arrangement and are current with payments under the arrangement.
- Completed Application: You must complete the MN Cold Weather Rule Application available from Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services and provide income verification with the application.
- Income Verification: Your total household income must be less than 50% of the state median income and/or you have received energy assistance for this heating season.
- As of April 15th: Your account must be current or have a mutually agreed upon payment arrangement with the cooperative. Failure to comply could result in disconnection of service.
If you are unable to pay your bill by the due date, you must contact our office to arrange a payment schedule.
If you do not respond to a disconnect notice, your electric service may be disconnected even in mid-winter.