Contact the agency serving your area for possible energy assistance.
|Dodge County Human Services
|Minnesota Valley Action Council
(507) 345-6822 or (800) 767-7139
|Faribault County Human Services
|Mower County Social Services
|Fillmore County Social Services
|North Iowa Community Action Organization
|Freeborn County Human Services
(507) 864-7515 or (800) 944-3281
Applications available on SEMCAC Website
COLD WEATHER RULE ( Regla Wather fría)
Minnesota has a Cold Weather Rule that regulates residential electric service disconnections between October 1 and April 30, if disconnection would affect the primary heat source.
To be protected by the Cold Weather Rule these four guidelines must be followed:
- As of October 1: You must be current in paying your bill or have entered into a payment arrangement and are current with payments under the arrangement.
- You must complete the MN Cold Weather Rule Application available from Freeborn Mower Electric Cooperative and provide income verification with the application.
- Your total gross household income must be less than 50% of the state median income and/or you are a recipient of energy assistance for this heating season.
- As of April 30: Your account must be current or have a mutually agreed upon payment arrangement with the cooperative. Failure to comply could result in disconnection of service.
If you are unable to pay your bill by the due date, you must contact our office to arrange a payment agreement.
If you do not respond to the disconnect notice, your electric service may be disconnected even during the winter months.